Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Laura & Kyle

Laura chose a fun black and white damask theme for her wedding and accented it with bright "wildberry" pink/purple accents and bridesmaids dresses. With so much going on in the other decor, Laura and I decided to keep it simple with the flowers, sticking with white bouquets for her and the bridesmaids.

One of our biggest challenges was finding centerpieces that would fit with Laura's vision of big, fluffy flowers, but still stick within her budget. If you know me, you know that in general, I am not a fan of carnations. Laura felt the same way. However, when used en masse, they can be beautiful and they are starting to grow on me. As you can see from the centerpiece picture below, they can be quite stunning. I guess I need to give them a chance-- but ONLY in this style-- NOT in mixed bouquets!

This wedding was another chance to work with one of my favorite photographers, Luke Rutan. Check him out at http://www.lukerutan.com/








Thank you Laura and Kyle for the chance to be a part of your special day!

No comments: