I've been in the wedding business for a long time. I've also been a bridesmaid 7 times and had 2 previous jobs where a lot of event planning skills were required, not to mention planning my own wedding 3 years ago. So, while flowers remain my passion and main area of expertise, I have also become something of an expert on weddings in general. I recently took some time to sit down and write out my top 10 bits of advice for planning an amazing wedding. Please enjoy this list, and pass it on to any friends you may know who are currently engaged!
1. Let go of the idea of a perfect day-- it doesn't exist!
2. Hire vendors you trust and like-- this will ensure you get as close to a perfect day as possible.
3. Stay within your budget by prioritizing-- remember, there is life after the wedding, and you don't want to start out in debt.
4. Go on dates with your fiancee and specifically choose NOT to talk about your wedding-- just enjoy each other.
5. Make choices that reflect who you are as a couple-- incorporate your personalities in the details.
6. Accept the help offered to you by family and friends-- find them jobs to do!
7. Steal a private moment together at some point during the day-- no photographers allowed!
8. Don't forget about your family & guests-- after all, you wouldn't be who you are without them. This is their day too.
9. Remember to relax, take a deep breath, and take in the day-- it all goes by so fast!
10. Always remember that no matter what else happens, you will be getting married to the love of your life. That is the most important thing about your wedding!
There you have it-- my best advice for wedding planning. If you are currently engaged and feel that you could benefit from the level of service Paisley Petals provides, please contact me today to set up your complimentary consultation.