Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Allie & Chris

My cousin Allie got married on August 15th and I got to do the flowers! It's always especially fun to put together wedding flowers for someone you've known forever-- it makes it a lot easier to reflect their personalities in the arrangements. Allie has always been a very sweet, thoughtful, fun-loving girl. I was so happy for her and Chris and so blessed to get to be a part of their special day!

My thanks to Christy Pelland with c.pelland photography for these amazing images! Christy not only does a fantastic job taking great pictures, but she really invests in her relationship with each couple and cares about their story. She's the type of vendor I love to work with and I recommend her very highly. Check out her web site at www.christypelland.com

Allie's bouquet was the star of the show- as the bride's bouquet should be! The bridesmaids were wearing red, so to make sure we kept a summery rather than wintery feel, we decided to use lots of orange and bright green in the flowers. I used red and orange roses, orange mini calla lilies, orange freesia, orange dahlias, green hypericum berries and buplurum in the bride's bouquet. The colors really work well together, don't you think?










Here are some shots of the girls in their red dresses. I definitely think we accomplished the summery look we were after! Allie's sister- my cousin- Kate was the maid of honor. As you can probably tell, she had the baby not long after the wedding-- she was a trooper!









Here's one last shot of the flowers on the cake:




Congratulations Allie and Chris!!!

No comments: